Hiring a professional pest control company, finding unwanted pests in your home is never a fun experience and sometimes you may need to rely on a professional pest control company to help handle the situation. It can be a daunting task to find the right company that you feel comfortable with and can trust. There are many pest control companies out there but they are not all created equal, so it’s important not to rush in making a decision without doing a little research of your own first. Here are some helpful tips for choosing a professional pest control company for you.
Ask friends, family and neighbors about pest control companies they have used successfully and if they were satisfied with the service.
- Look for qualified and licensed pest control professionals and companies, check to see if they are members of national, state or local pest management companies.
- Ask to see proper licensing and credentials
- Get quotes or bids from several companies you are considering
- Only use someone you feel comfortable with and can trust. Don’t be let anyone pressure you into something you’re unsure of.
- Be sure to understand what the contract consist of, work necessary to solve the problem, how long the contact is for, amount of money, early terminations fees
- Don’t just choose by price alone. Buy value or price
- If something is guaranteed, make sure it is in writing on the contract and what you need to do to keep that guarantee valid
- Ask about the products they use (for example is it a spray, dust or gel, granular etc), names of the products, are they safe for children and pets? They should be able to clearly and confidently explain what the products are and how they work.
- Check the Better Business Bureau for accreditation.
- Social media is a great tool to check out reviews. Most companies have their own Facebook, Twitter and Google+ where customers can rate the company and leave a review, you can also look for the company on sites such as Angie’s List and Yelp.
Remember try not to go with the first company your see, follow some of our tips and they may save you a headache and money in the long run.